Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 8

#1 Almost finished with Exodus. Loving this. Love that I'm reading every day. I just can't go to bed without reading my scriptures. But today I couldn't get started without reading. That was great.

#28 Am now weighing in at 168 so I have eight pounds to go to a mini-goal of 160. When I hit 150, that will be the goal of losing 30 pounds from my ultimate high of 180. (Well, if I'm totally truthful, I hit the ultimate high of 185, but I wasn't there for long. That number got me to do something about it!) Still not finding time to be active too much during the week, but not eating after dinner except on Monday or Sunday night, whenever we have treats for Family Home Evening, and that really is helping a lot. Also, I'm not eating seconds at dinner at all and that has been huge. Every day I do crunches (only about 8 at once) and pushups and squats. I know that combination of things is helping me keep the weight coming off slowly, but consistently.

#29 Got bathtub cleaned out a little bit (it's storage right now because the piping needs to be fixed in there). I know we won't move forward on this project if it's stacked high with boxes! Matt drew a little picture of an idea he had how to take care of things in there. LOVE his idea of the shower with the entrance on the side instead of in the front by the toilet. Nice.

#42 Cyd Charisse died today. I was going to watch Brigadoon tonight, but am blogging instead and then hitting the pillow (since I already read!!). But that's not on my list because I've seen that a bazillion times. But now Bandwagon is on my list. Have to rent it or check the library.
...
Love the internet. Just googled Cyd and found out Turner Classic Movies is devoting June 27th to her -- Bandwagon, Silk Stockings and Singin' in the Rain.

No comments: