Friday, June 27, 2008

Day 18

#1 - Continuing to read. In Leviticus. Plodding through.

#22 - Haven't reported on this one yet, but so excited for this.... We make regular monthly payments through a credit consumer counseling place, and I have to say, I love the company we are with. They are totally wonderful to work with and I'll even give them a plug -- American Credit Consumer Counseling. We did have to cut down our payment this month, which is a bummer. But this is the only month we'll have to do it. We are slated to have all our consumer debt gone by November of 2009, then the car is done after that, then the house, then the student loan. But the house and student loan don't fit in my 1001. But that will be very exciting to only have those two debts left!

#42 Taped Bandwagon and Silk Stockings tonight. When will I get to watch them?! It couldn't be tonight because the whole family went to the Y (#28)

#94/#97 Last night we had girls' night. Tasmin wanted to dye her hair brown, so while we waited for the color to set, I did Maggie's toenails and she did my fingernails. She's getting better at it! That was a fun night.

#76/77 Haven't started any books because I am still finished Mull's "The Candy Shop Wars" and thoroughly enjoying it. I really have a lot of reading on my list. Not too sure how practical that's going to be. Although, I do love that it will force me to read more. Other things will get weeded out of my day eventually!

I scared myself the other day reading some other lists that people have posted. Someone commented that you have to be finishing a goal every 10 days! Good grief! That means I'm already behind! At this moment, I only have one thing crossed off! However, I do realize that making progress on several goals every day means that, really, I could get several items crossed off on ONE day, when that happens. Right? For instance, I'm watching movies while I work on afghans. And there are several things on there that can be accomplished completely in one day -- like serve in a soup kitchen or read at Homer Davis or empty the birthday box. So I'm thinking this is still do-able.

2 comments:

Latharia said...

You're doing awesome! And don't worry about how often you're accomplishing goals -- as long as you're growing, does it really matter???

Caffeinated Weka said...

I got a fright when I realised that I needed to achieve an average of one goal every ten days, especially considering that one of my goals is "buy my own home" - I certainly can't rush into that one! So I stayed in and painted my nails instead (#56) and figured it was as good a place to start as any, lol.