Sunday, November 29, 2009

Day 538, 463 to go

I have 20 things checked off my list! How exciting!
I do think, at this point, that I'm really happy with what I've accomplished so far. There are still a few things that I can "knock off" in a single day, albeit a very focused single day. My dates with the children are going well -- and it's a bit of an eye-opener how I view the different activities with them.

I take Tanner to park more often than I used to. So I don't see that as a "date" -- it's just what happens. What qualifies as a date with him has moved up a notch since I am home most afternoons with him after school. However, Tasmin is RARELY around anymore, so a late-night movie totally qualifies. I don't do enough with my boys. Good things to see and notice from this challenge.

Matt and I upped our commitment to the temple since the children are older and babysitting isn't such a difficult thing. We go twice a month most months now. LOVE THAT! It also means we'll FINISH our 36 pretty easily with lots of time leftover, when what I committed to was once a month for the approximately three years that this challenge takes. Cool.

The reading lists just aren't happening. Neither are the classic movies or the DVDs on the prophets. There's still time, but I see that they aren't "important" enough to me to really motivate me to do them. Many other things on my list jump out at me as "I REALLY want to get that done!"

There are also things on my list, the travel things, that were impossible to do before we paid off our consumer debt. I don't think I can squeeze them all in with a little over a year left now. But there's not much better than knowing we CAN, now that the debt is paid off.

I wish I'd made different goals on some things: the losing 30 pounds continues to fluctuate and I keep feeling like "Oh, I'm back where I started" and I get completely disgruntled. I know goals are supposed to be quantifiable, but I think next time I'll do something like "Eat healthy 5 days out of the week" or "Walk 30 minutes 3 times a week." And that "Go to the gym 6 times in one week"?? That was when we HAD a gym membership and I was walking 2 miles on weekdays and 8 miles on Saturdays. I have a lot of building back up to do...

All in all, I'm pretty happy with my progress. And yes, I will totally make another list when this one is over.

No comments: